24 weeks today, and my pregnancy complaints are still minimal. The worst of it so far has been sleeping becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I started wearing a wrist brace on my right hand, which is helping with the carpal tunnel pain. But my hands are still going numb throughout the night. Also sleeping exclusively on my sides with my extra belly weight is really starting to hurt my hips. So between constantly trying to get comfortable and getting up two or three times to pee, my nights are more restless than I want. But... it could be worse.
Mostly I'm just excited (and a little freaked out) to be able to meet the little dude soon. Another doc appointment is coming up in a few weeks, a gestational diabetes screening, then more regular appointments. Everything seems to be going well. I'll be sure to post again once I think of something more interesting to say!
momma, it's all interesting! don't let 'em bully you at the diabetes test. just keep smiing. do you have a body pillow? have ken put a pillow behind your back, it will do wonders!
ReplyDeleteAre they gonna bully me at the diabetes test? Now I'm worried! What do you mean, Herbimomma?
ReplyDeleteKen got me a nice body pillow, and it really is great. It doesn't keep me from rolling onto my back, though. I've tried the pillow behind my back thing, and it just keeps falling off the bed. With the body pillow and the two of us, we're running out of mattress space! I may get one of those little pillow wedges for my back, in hopes of it staying put better.